Saturday, July 16, 2011

Unity stamps by Marah Johnson

So i played with my Unity stamps today, it was so muc fun! I had joined in on a color challenge, and was really struggling with the colors given to me they were "cement","Chamois Brown","Mint Green" and charcoal.
I was like HMMMM what the heck am I going to make with this?
So after struggling with several things that I wasnt likeing, I finally decided to go for a "steampunk" sort of look. Now this is my first steampunk page, so I am not sure if I captured it right, but I like the overall design. I started with some embossed cardstock from artsylicious, rubbed on some copper ink, then a black cardstock and started to randomly stamp with ivy brilliance ink using the stamps from marah johnson by unity both the "art and soul"and "breathless". I also used some versamark ink and perfect pearls, and silver embossing powders on the background. I layered on some black lace and cut the dressform and wings with my wishblade,I used some rub-ons from heidi grace, and some watch parts from ranger and all of the other embellies I made with my melting pot,Utee and embossing powder.
the hidden journaling reads,, ""some days are hard, your thought run away with you and you feel sad and defeated. stay strong sweet girl, for the good days greatly out number the bad, try to think "no more bad days, stay strong" and it will pass,you will be happy, I promise!"

So what do you think? is it a keeper?
thanks for looking!