The holidays are over and this is the time of year that I start reflecting on the past year. I suffer from "ambitionitis" and "my eyes are bigger than my stomach" disease. So this year my resolutions are going to be a little different. My resolutions are going to be more thought out and fewer. I truly want to concentrate on doing a few well and actually making them a new habit as opposed to a huge list of resolutions.
So what exactly is a resolution? According to Wikipedia: A New Year's resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day
Reflecting back I had to go back to a blog post to find my resolutions for 2010...you could just imagine how well I did with those especially since I couldn't find the list...So let's see how I fared:
10. I resolve to scrapbook more this year...especially with all my peeps.
Happily, I can say I did this. Off to a good start.
9. I will keep my scrapbook room organized this year.
Well, it's clean right now, so that counts right?
8. I am going to challenge myself to teach some scrapbooking classes this year
Didn't teach any classes, but I made a video. WooHoot!
7. I am going to learn how to create at least 1 digital/hybrid scrapbooking page
I did one on trial and error, so I wouldn't call that learning. Sorry digi girls, this just wasn't for me.
6. I will step out of the box and learn new techniques
I learned how to use COPIC markers and loving all that I can do with them.
5. Set a goal to attend CHA Summer - it's back in Chicago this year...YEAH!
Bummer. Didn't make it this year.
4. Take more pictures of my kids and family
Wow, I really bombed this one! Maybe I should try Project 365 this year.
3. Organize my photos on my hard drive
Yeah, I'll do that in 2011. Wink! Wink!
2. Sew more on my pages...especially using felt
Still need to work on this, but I am signed up for a beginning sewing class starting Jan. 10th
1. Pray that God continues to bless my business so I can be an inspiration to my family and others.
Hands down, God has blessed my business this year. The more time I make for Him, the more he blesses me and my business.
So 4 out of 10...Okay, all of you teachers out there I know what percentage that is; Next year is a new year right?
As I continue to work on my resolutions for 2011, I truly want to hear some of your resolutions, so PLEASE leave a comment. P.S. They don't have to be scrapbooking related.