Monday, December 20, 2010

Scrappin' with Scrappy Friend

Hello everyone! I am Mimi's (a.k.a. That Scrappy Girl) friend, Jamie (a.k.a. Scrappy Friend) and I will be posting on this blog starting after the new year every Saturday, so be sure to check back on Saturday's to Scrap with me.

For my first blog post I wanted to share with you a layout I did using the new Jillibean Soup Christmas Line - Chestnut Soup. How adorable is this line? I just love Jillibean Soup and I am always so excited to get my hands on their new lines. This layout was done in less than thirty minutes and was so much fun to do. It highlights Owen's (my son) first time making Christmas cutout cookies which is a tradition in my family. Owen was such a mess after we were done making the cookies, however; we had so much fun so it was worth the mess.

I enjoy mixing different patterns in my layouts, as you can see I did a bit of here. I made the "photo corners" by cutting a 2x2 square, cutting it diagonally, and then cutting a triangle out of each of the middles. It is a technique that I learned a few years ago and use from time to time when I want to highlight more of the patterned papers.

1 comment:

That Scrappy Girl said...

super cute LO! All Owen needs now is a chef's hat!