Friday, December 18, 2009

Fab Friday!


Yeah it's Friday and though I've been fighting a cold all week and one of the twinkies woke up at 5:07am, it's totally going to be a Fab day! Yesterday, Sarah talked about scrapbooking on a budget. We all love those FAB tips she gave us.


When I run into people the biggest complaint I hear about scrapbooking is the lack of time to work on our passion and craft. I have never been the fastest scrapbooker, but here's my layout inspiration for today and a breakdown of how long it took to create:


7:00-7:08 print and trim pictures
7:10-7:15 kiss hubby goodbye for the day and get crayons/coloring book for Hailey (Hunter still sleeping...sshh!)
7:16-7:18 look for paint and paint brush
7:18-7:20 paint brown onto cardstock
7:20-7:30 place pictures on cardstock, grab Pink Paislee Alphas out of car (don't ask why
they were in the car!), convince Hailey that 2 pictures on her layout are cuter than the 3 used for Hunter
7:31-7:32 place title down on cardstock
7:33-7:35 pick out glitter letter for Hailey's layout...she didn't have any on her's...no fair!
7:36-7:38 finish up title
7:39-7:45 cut strips of coordinating paper for accents, pop up circle punchout from kit.
7:46-7:52 glue down paper for star. Sand and paint edges. Add another star to
Hailey's layout
7:5 -7:55 finish gluing down embellishments, cut edge of Jenni Bowlin paper and adhere
7:55-8:00 take picture for blog post
8:00-8:15 mini meltdown from Hailey - she hit her head on my scrapbook table
...writing blog post.

8:16am DONE loading pic to blog post
8:17-8:26 Hunter woke up...finish loading pic to blog post...Now I'm done!


Like I said, I'm not the fastest scrapbooker, but having some time with my daughter this morning has been super fun...Now if Hunter would have been up, well either add an hour or rather, there might not have been a blogpost today.

Have a FAB FRIDAY! Mimi

2 comments:

Faye Marie said...

I'm impressed less than an hour and a half from start to finish!! That is some good scrapbooking. Love the layout!!!!

kristie said...

wow!
i sometimes agonize over a layout for many many hours!! and ou got that beautiful LO done in less then an hour!
wow! cool!