Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Thursday!

Hi to all you "scrappy" fans!

Hope your holiday season is going great so far! Are any of you done with your Christmas shopping?! ;) Okay, okay... Just kidding! I just had to ask for fun.

Anyway, I thought I would share a couple of tips for the scrapbooker on a budget. Let's face it - our hobby can get pretty darn expensive. For instance, punches all seem to range over $10 each. ...so instead of using punches, look around you. Shapes are among us!

To create a circle, trace around:
-top of a pot
-bottom of a canned good
-a glass bottom

To create a square/rectangle, trace around:
-envelopes
-boxes

To create odd shaped pictures, trace around:
-cookie cutters
-templates


What other items can you think of tracing around?

...and I wanted to share a couple of layouts I created using this month's kit. If you haven't, make sure to pick one up. You can do so much with this one kit!





Happy Thursday!

Hugs,
sarah.

4 comments:

Jennifer Hansen said...

Great layouts!

bethchien said...

I soooo love your layouts!!! especially all the use of Pink Paislee! Yum!
B

mica said...

Love your layouts, Sarah!! I'm liking blues on Christmas pages.

kristie said...

gorgeous!!