Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Whatever Wednesday.....

I decided to show you a cool way to make a masked background.I hope you like it!
I wanted to make a "sun rays" background for this photo of my daughter, so heres what I did(now I am not sure if the photos came out in the proper order, so bear with me please!)
supplies:
cardstock,masking tape(or painters tape),pearl ex (or perfect pearls), distress reinker, mini mister,
Step one:mark out your design with a pencil, then tape it off(but first stick the tape to your shirt and pull it off so its not too stickyit will tear your paper).
step two:mix your spray, I used distress ink in mustard seed, about six drops, pearl ex gold about three scoops scooped with the end of a popsicle stick ,,mixed in water in a mini mister.
step three:dry with heat gun
step four:gently peel off the tape
and walllll laaaaa you have a masked background!!!(pretty frikkin cool huh??)
finish up with some embellies and a little ribbon and you have a cool layout!
so leave me a comment and let me know what you think,, then go and give it a try! I would LOVE to see what you come up with!







1 comment:

sarah said...

o0o0o0o0 how neat!!! thanks so much for sharing. i should try that some time.

hugs,
sarah.