Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Summer Time


Story's can be told in several different formats: verbally, written, and visually through photographs or other artwork and these are just to name a few. I prefer to tell my stories either verbally or visually. I think that is one of the reasons I love scrapbooking. However, journaling is an important part of scrapbooking and writing or journaling is not my forte. The layout above is a prime example of how my scrapbooking process goes, I work on the layout, add photos, leave a spot to journal and then I put it aside to journal "later." I have a place for journaling with no words in the journaling box. Why? I ask myself, do I do this? Am I scared to actually complete something? Or it is pure laziness? Or is it that I just don't think I need to do it?

I have tried several different techniques to get my journaling done. When I first started scrapbooking I typed everything. I thought this was a great solution with all the cool fonts and spell check! Then I went to writing everything in a journal first and then writing it on my layouts (when I had time). Now my pages just look like the above layout.

My goal this month is to work on my journaling techniques so I am not constantly worrying or not completing my pages. If you have suggestions on how to journal more effectively I would enjoy hearing them.

I was in a Technique Tuesday class recently that suggested that you use a different color pen (other than black) for your journaling. Most of us don't like our handwriting so using a different color ink - something not so bold - helps soften it up. I have tried this time and again and I enjoy it, but I still haven't found a technique or system I am in love with.

Be sure to share about your journaling techniques and the way you tell your story in writing.

1 comment:

Christine said...

This layout totally caught my eye...great colors and spread! I'm linking this up on Practical Scrappers!