Monday, January 24, 2011

Mojo Monday - #4

Happy Monday!  I'm getting a late start this morning.  I was at the UCA cheerleading competition at Mall of the America over the weekend.  And if MOA wasn't busy enough over a weekend add 90 teams of screaming girls ages 5-17.  We had a great time though and my daughter's team came took 1st  place.  Go TNT!

Mojo Monday's for January have been focused on organizing your scraproom and supplies.  I know for me I am hindered creatively if my space is a mess...Oh, who am I kidding, I don't scrapbook at all if I can't see my desk so here are some more tips on keeping your space tidy and the creative juices flowing:

1.  Organize supplies how you create. If you scrapbook by collections, papers, embellishments all by the same company, then organize those supplies the same way.  Pocket Folders or small bins are great for this.
I personally scrapbook by matching my photograph and build from there, so I color coordinate.



2.  Keep inspiration close at hand.  I love to keep my Newest or Favorite items within eye sight.  This way I stay motivated and inspired.  I love the Clip it Up for this.  Talk about keeping embellishments and sorts organize, it's just doesn't get any easier than this.

3.  My third and last tip actually comes from the FlyLady herself.  If you haven't heard about her, you must check her out.  She is dedicated to taking the CHAOS out of our lives and living by routines.  All of her principles can be applied to any room of your house.  So as FlyLady says: Set A Timer. That's right.  Every task can seem daunting and overwhelming, but it you break it up in manageable segments, nothing is too big to tackle.  So this week's challenge is to get a timer.  Set it for 15 minutes and GO!  You will be amazed at what you can do!.

Hope you had fun organizing with us this month.  Check back on Thursday as DT member Michelle Houghton will share a post on how to organize for a crop!  I can't wait for this one!

{{Hugs}}
Mimi

No comments: